Saturday 24 December 2011

Intro & Hello

Hello - I'm Ali Shaded and I cook fairly regularly, whizzing up old favourites and experimenting with new ideas and love the process and (mostly!) the end result!

I think cooking can be extremely relaxing - the chopping, preparing, mixing, stirring. Not to mention measuring out the herbs, spices and ingredients and enjoying the process of getting it "just right".

When a cooking expedition comes to fruition and the end result is on the plate - it's very satisfying to tuck into some delicious food that you've made from scratch yourself. It's especially great to share it with others and there's undeniably a feel good factor from knowing that it's being enjoyed.

So The Cooking Well is of course a double-entendre - It's about cooking well i.e. churning out great tasting, wholesome food and also includes the idea that cooking can be a source of relaxation, retreat, calm, happiness and sometimes in the eating - joy - although you're best advised to keep that to yourself unless you're feeling particularly exuberant!

I hope anyone who happens to find this blog will find it useful and it's also in a way just a - well - blog for myself also to serve as a record of what I've cooked, what I've found, what works, what doesn't and generally something I and others can refer back to if needed.

So now..... what shall my first food related post be about......? Haha!